Institute of Life Sciences (ILS), Bhubaneswar, an autonomous research institute of Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science and Technology, Govt. of India invites applications from Indian nationals for the full-time Ph.D. programme in following research fields,
- Infectious Disease Biology.
- Plant/ Agricultural and Environmental Biotechnology.
- Cancer Biology and Bioinformatics.
- Candidates should have passed their M.Sc./M.Tech/M.Pharm/M.V.Sc. or equivalent qualification in life sciences and allied subjects (Biochemistry/ Biotechnology/ Bioinformatics/ Chemistry/ Microbiology etc) with minimum of 60% marks (or equivalent grade point). Candidates awaiting final results may also apply, however, if shortlisted, they have to produce their final mark sheet on the date of the interview, failing which they will not be interviewed.
- Candidates who have qualified in CSIR/UGC-JRF or CSIR/UGC-lectureship or UGC-RGNF or ICMR-JRF or DBT-JRF or DSTINSPIRE or GATE or GPAT or ICAR-NET will be given preference. If the original certificate is not available, the candidate has to provide a photocopy of the original admit card and the particular result page highlighting their roll number.
- The upper age limit of the candidate should be below 28 years, as of 19th May 2017. Age relaxation will be given for five years in the case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/women/PH and three years in the case of OBC (as approved by Govt. of India) candidates.
* The fellowship and other emoluments will be as per DST/CSIR guidelines.
Applicants except for SC/ST candidates are required to sent a Rs. 500/- non-refundable demand draft drawn in favor of “Director, Institute of Life Sciences, Bhubaneswar” payable at Bhubaneswar with the duly filled application form.
Interested and eligible candidates may fill up the prescribed application form as available in ILS website (www.ils.res.in). Duly filled-up application along with self-attested copies of all relevant certificates and demand draft should be sent to the Director, Institute of Life Sciences, Nalco Square, Bhubaneswar-751023. All application should reach the Institute on or before the last date. Applications received after the last date will not be accepted. The envelope should be superscribed with “Application for Ph.D. Programme”. Short-listed candidates selected for the interview will be published on the Institute website (www.ils.res.in).
|12th May, 2017||Last date of receiving applications|
|19th May, 2017||Display of short-listed candidates|
|7th June, 2017||The interview for Cancer Biology and Bioinformatics Dept.|
|8th June, 2017||The interview for Infectious Disease Biology Dept.|
|9th June, 2017||The interview for Plant/ Agricultural and Environmental Biotechnology Dept.|
For more information visit this link.